The Economist - The World in 2021: five stories to watch out for | The Economist 23 dec 2020
The Economist predicts the year 2021, In his new cover design magazine 2021: ".. We look ahead to America’s presidential inauguration, Germany’s new leader and, of course, the world’s response, in business, politics, economics and medicine, to the coronavirus pandemic..".
What is the state of affairs in China, where the corona pandemic originated?
While the number of infections continues to rise worldwide, the residents of the Chinese city of Wuhan seem to have taken up daily life. Has China really fought the coronavirus? And if so, what was the secret of the Chinese approach? (19-08-2020).
Some scientists have called on China to release details of all the coronaviruses being studied in the lab to see if there are any variants that resemble SARS-CoV-2, the variant causing the pandemic. So far no authorization from the government of China. (03-02-2021)
Start of COVID-19
The structure of the coronavirus: The closest common ancestor (MRCA) of all coronaviruses is estimated to have existed since 8000 BC, although some models date back to 55 million years old or more, suggesting a long-term correlation with bats. (Source: Wikipedia)
Video documentary Dec 2020
The following documentary we (taxiarash) have translated from an Iranian microbiologist (head of tuberculosis and pulmonary research at the Pasteur Institute of Iran for the past 27 years and also he is clinical microbiologist, specializing in genetics and infectious microbes in Texas, US Iranian citizen) who lives and work in Texas, he sometimes travels to Iran and has also developed partnerships for the creation of other vaccines and also has negotiations with Cuba and Iran. His video lecture lasted 30 minutes:
According to a public availble study, by Colombia research, the coronavirus used to be a cold (winter) virus. Then it found its tentacle's. One for humans and one for animals. There is a type of corona virus that has always existed in bats. They were then transmitted to people from bats and also to scaly anteaters.
In 2002, + | _ 10% of the people that did eat this animals, (800 of 10.000) died in China. They found a vaccine for it and this problem was solved. In 2011 in Saudia Arabia Mers virus showed up. (Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus, or EMC/2012, is a species of coronavirus which infects humans, bats, and camels). 900 pepole did get infected and 400 died by eating the infected camels. This was the second Corona virus. This 2 types where for a short time and they disappeared quickly.
(Important) In 2015 the Chinese scientists in the Wuhan laboratory did an unusual workmade, a combination of the coronavirus. They connected the tentacles from "the bat corona virus" into the "human corona virus".
They linked the tentacles of the bat (animal) corona virus to the human corona virus. You can see it as a human with an animal's hand. A new model. They build a new inventory.
This virus combi was transferred in the laboratory to a thorny anteater called a "scaly anteater" animal. The new virus mutated for his own survival.
The beginning of the mutation in his tentacles resulted in 14 new mutations. Of these 14 mutations, 5 of them where very deadly. This mutation causes it to multiply 270 times inside the cell of the anteater animal. It also has an enzyme that enters the cell. In 2015, after testing drugs and vaccines, there was no effect on the virus.
The new mutated corona virus was born in an ant-eating animal. An epidemic was predicted for the world that they could not stop in the Chinese laboratory.
Scientists in the world did try to make contact with the Chinees laboratory, but there appears to be no existence of these people. There are articles by the author's, but the author's of these articles no longer existed after researching for them.
When this disease started, they said this disease attacks the lungs. So why? Enzyme converting tool, eighty-five percent of these cells are in our lungs. It is in your heart, it is in your kidneys, it is in the Newman layer of the intestine. It is in the testicles it is in the uterus of women. But 85% are in our lung cells.
A study shows that the virus part (tentacles) that sticks in the body has mutated 348 times, to stick to the area he wants. So far, 28 deadly mutations have been found in the sticking area.
Consequences: brain problems, blood clots, uterine problems in women, stroke, heart attack, sterilization in men.
The virus mutates every three times it splits. The question is, can these mutations shut themselves down or can they make us worse?
The reason for the mutation of the virus is due to the branches that do not belong to it and have been attached to it.
They said, let's make a vaccine for this problem. As far as we know, 130 to 140 different vaccines are being made in the world. Making vaccin's is a very complex task and requires a variety of methods.
A team from Columbia University biologists said what would you do if the vaccine did not work?
71% of the new Corona virus genetics are from the cold (winter virus) and 29% from mutations because it sticks to other points and parts of body. First: It sticks to other places because of its mutation. Second, In the old days, when we caught a cold, you would catch a cold again because we were not get immune to it. There are patients in the world who get the Corona virus for the second or third time and at this stage the disease becomes more severe.
There are patients in the world who get sick once and after three months they get this disease for the second time more severely. These are 10% of the people, so the other 90% kept the distance and didn't get that ill.
These vaccines that are being made will not make you immune but you will produce antibodies. As far as we know this is not a live time antibody. But that does not mean you will never get a corona again.
In the virus bank, the mutations of this virus are kept and a new vaccine is going to be made every year.
Even if you get vaccinated against the virus, you have to keep your distance and use a mouth mask. Because vaccination is not a permanent immunity.
Breathing releases 20 viruses, You need a 1000 to get sick, You drop 200 of these viruses while talking, So if you talk to a sick person for 5 minutes, you will get this disease, When you cough and sneeze, you drop 200 million.
The virus eventually comes out of your stool.
According to a report in China, we have a protein in our blood called Selenium and selenoprotein
wich are actually antioxidants:
(vitamin C, E, zinc, selenium). They have a negative charge and low electronics and they cling to the positive charge of viruses. When these are present in the body enough, the virus is excreted by the kidneys.
How to not get sick?
Selenium 160 MG 2x in the morning, 160 MG 2x at night, In addition to the high dose of vitamin C (2000 MG daily) 1x 1000 MG day and 1x 1000 MG at night. Plus drinking of 2 liters of fluids a day. (Natural Apple juice, carrot juice and tea). Keep in mind that this builds up enormous resistance, usually athletes use such a high dose of vitamin.
If you do get sick
If you get coronavirus, you should seek for help with injectable antioxidants, which are done through the hospital.
: Why is China not infected? His Scientific Answer
: What is certain is that China is the creator of this virus.
(End of video consultation). Dec 2020
The Clip 201 event pandemic exercise (
56:42 min video, a high-level pandemic exercise
) by Johns Hopkins center for healt security in partnership with world Economic forum and Bill en Melinda Gates Foundation, on 18 October 2019.
Start of 2020
The first infected patient appears to have reported to a hospital in the Chinese city of Wuhan on December 1, 2019, with what turns out to be the corona virus. This conclusion from the scientific journal The Lancet raises questions about how fair China is about the outbreak. (20-01-2020)
Italian scientists have discovered traces of the coronavirus in sewage, which was collected in northern Italy in December 2019. This suggests that the virus was already present in that country, before the first infections appeared in February 2020.
1) China reported the first COVID-19 cases on 31 December 2019.
A French investigation in May 2020 found that a man in Paris was already infected on 27 December 2019. The traces found in Italian sewage water may indicate that the virus was already circulating before that time.
The announcement of the success of the Chinese vaccine "Sinovac vaccine" coincided with Trump's defeat in last (2020) year's election. China has 2 type of vaccin's by 2021.
2) Following the trade war, a trade agreement was reached with China in January 2020, requiring China to buy $ 200 billion worth of goods and services from the United States for two years (2022) after which tariffs on Chinese goods would be lifted.
3) Less than a month after the signing of this agreement, the corona virus was spread worldwide.
Many Chinese passangers where flying around the world. A government-backed Iranian airline that has flown to and from China as both countries battled worsening coronavirus outbreaks is facing criticism from some prominent Iranians who accuse Mahan Air of risking further spread of the virus in pursuit of profits. (VOA)
It only took less than a teaspoon of Corona virus to infect 50 million people world wide.
4) Aviation industry organization IATA reported passenger numbers in aircraft to return to normal, pre-corona crisis levels in 2023.
5) The Chinese virus has spread to all parts of the world, but China itself is immune to this virus, and China has the highest economic growth unlike other countries.
5.a) More people will stay at home and work from home and shop online at home. Entrepreneurs buy the orders from wholesalers in China, the millions in profit for the major Chinese markets will be transform in trillions. Exports grew by more than 21 percent in November 2020 compared to a year earlier.
5.b) Stock market started to show slowly recovery again, Bitcoins rose from $ 10,000 (€ 8,435) each to $ 18,800. With that, the virtual currency is approaching its most valuable point ever. (Dec 2020)
6) Immediately after the announcement of Biden's victory, China announced that it had the vaccine for the virus and had successfully tested it.
6.a) Mr. Trump agrees to begin transferring power to the Biden administration for a short time only.
7) Dutch expert, searches with WHO for corona origin Virologist Marion Koopmans of Erasmus MC. (Nov 2020)
8) A prominent Iranian nuclear scientist has been the victim of an attack. It is about M.F. who is seen as the mastermind behind Tehran's alleged attempts to create an atomic bomb. Handwritten and drawings of him about nuclear warheads were found throughout Israel. (27-11-2020)
8.b) China immediately responds that coronavirus is coming from India, referring to the pollution of the water. (01-12-2020)
8.c) Note: An unknown disease has spread in the city of Andhra Pradesh: 'Mystery' illness puts hundreds in hospital" in India and so far one person has died and 227 have been hospitalised. Fainting and nausea are symptoms of this disease (07-12-2020)
9) The number of people worldwide who died from the effects of the corona virus passed the 1.5 million on 3 December 2020.
10) Global vaccination won't begin until the second (June) or third quarter (October) of 2021.
11) Quick test kit, offers a solution to prove that you are negative for corona.
12) Pharmaceutical Pfizer can deliver far fewer corona vaccines. The cut was caused by problems getting enough raw materials.
12.a) The US drug watchdog FDA on Tuesday admitted that 6 pepole who participated (40.000+) in the study into Pfizer's corona vaccine have died. One of them was suffering from immune deficiency, The Jerusalem Post writes, based on data previously released. (9-12-2020)
13) We may be heading for a third corona wave given the increasing number of infections. That's what Diederik Gommers said, head of the intensive care department of Erasmus MC. (9-12-2020)
14) European medicine agency EMA target of cyber attack. Vaccine makers Moderna and Pfizer are currently waiting for an agreement from the EMA to make their vaccines available. It can be a failed attempt without further consequences, but also a situation where hackers have entered the systems and stolen, made inaccessible or destroyed data. (9-12-2020)
15) Denmark is no longer allowed to enter the United Kingdom due to mutated (5 times already ) corona virus, caused by mink. All minks are killed in France, Poland and the Netherlands. The mutant virus has been passed on to 12 people, according to Danish health authorities. (10-12-2020)
16) Poland is the second largest fur producer in the world after China and Denmark, according to animal rights groups. Denmark is in the process of culling the lion's share of the 17 million minks after the coronavirus mutated in the animals. In the Netherlands, the corona virus has been found on 70 mink farms. The animals there have been killed.
16) In October 2020, KLM CEO Pieter Elbers in an explanation said: "This is without a doubt the greatest crisis since the Second World War" for society and aviation.
17) "The Economist" predicts the year 2021, In his new cover design magazine 2021. (11-12-2020)
18) (10 percent) About two million Dutch people are currently protected against the corona virus, because they have been infected before. RIVM director Jaap van Dissel announced this. (11-12-2020)
19) A new variant of coronavirus
has been found which is growing faster in some parts of England, The Netherlands, South Africa, Denmark. (15-12-2020)
20) The Netherlands & Germany, Uk, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in Lockdown.
21) British and Russian pharmaceutical companies want to merge vaccines.
22) Flight ban for UK, South Africa.
23) The corona vaccine developed by the American pharmaceutical company Pfizer and the German biotechnology company BioNTech is also likely to prevent people from becoming ill from a mutated variant of the corona virus. There will be more clarity about this at the beginning of January, says BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin. (22-12-2020)
24) China may overtake the United States as the world's largest economy as early as 2028, the British consultancy Center for Economics and Business Research said in its annual report on Saturday. (26-12-2020)
25) First dose of vaccines (small numbers) arrive in Europe, intended for nurses and elderly people. (26-12-2020)
26) Taking photos, videos and live streams at the outbreak of the corona virus in the Chinese city of Wuhan, 37-year-old Zhan Zhang will be put in four years in prison. Zhang, is originally a lawyer. (28-12-2020)
27) New Corona mutation mid February 2021.
28) The UK medicines authority has approved the use of the corona vaccine from British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford, BBC News reports. European approval may take a few more weeks. (30-12-2020)
29) Pfizer, new version should be ready by the end of the summer 2021. (01-01-2021)
30) UK: Yesterday 03-01-2021, 53,000 new infections were added in 24 hours.
31) China delivered its corona vaccination to Brasil, the vaccine appears to have only 50% efficiency.
32) Virologist Marion Koopmans of Erasmus MC in Rotterdam is part of an international research team of the WHO health organization, did not left yet to China, for her research "Corona origin". China: no visum for Corona researchers yet. (05-01-2021)
33) China is calling on all its military to be prepared for a possible war. Be ready for war 'at any second': Xi Jinping to China’s military. (05-01-2020)
34) IAEA Confirms Iran has begun process of enriching Uranium to 20%.
35) Japan reported new Corona mutation. (10-01-2020)
36) Lockdown extension in the Netherlands (10-01-2021)
37) After a delay, China gives the green light for research into the origin of the corona virus. (11-01-2021)
38) After blaming India now China blames the Corona virus is coming from Europe. China would try through state media to convince the population that the corona virus already existed before it was discovered in Wuhan, according to Reuters news agency. For example, the coronavirus would have been discovered on imported frozen food and there would be 'scientific' studies that claim that the virus was already circulating in Europe. (13-1-2021)
39) Turkey buys 50 million doses of corona vaccine from China knowing that the efficiency is only 50.38% !
39) China shipped 224 billion mouth masks in 2020. The total value of the mouth masks shipped was 340 billion yuan (about 43 billion euros), which is about 2 percent of the total Chinese exports. In addition, Chinese companies have exported 100 billion yuan worth of medicines and medical supplies. "Demand for Chinese goods may well remain strong in the coming months due to the recent rise in infections in the United States and Europe," said a market expert.
40) On the night of Thursday to Friday 15-1-2021, the US government issued new sanctions against high-ranking Chinese officials and companies, including oil company China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC).The well-known tech company Xiaomi and aircraft manufacturer Camec were also blacklisted. The companies are accused of having links with the Chinese military.
41) There is uncertainty about the South African, Japanese and Brazilian variant. The vaccines may not work. (20-01-2021)
42) With the mutation of the corona virus, vaccin delivery to europe like Netherlandds, Italy, Germany has encountered delays (01-02-2021)
43) Germany is buying vaccines for 2022.
44) WHO team: First COVID-19 patients in China may be as early as October 2019 (11-02-2021)
45) The experts have now asked the China for blood samples from Hubei province, in which Wuhan is located, from the fall of 2019, to see if the virus was already circulating at the time. However, the Chinese authorities say they have not yet received the necessary authorization, because those samples are stored in blood banks.
46) 2020 was a disastrous year for economies worldwide. In many places pubs had to be closed, shop doors remained closed and travel across the border had to be postponed. In the Netherlands, the disaster year led to the largest economic contraction ever: a minus of 3.7 percent.
47) US President Joe Biden has asked his intelligence services to make extra efforts to discover the origin of the corona pandemic. (26-05-2021)
Back to top
Dutch expert, searches with WHO for corona origin Virologist Marion Koopmans of Erasmus MC in Rotterdam is part of an international research team of the WHO health organization, which will investigate the origin of the coronavirus. The virus first appeared in humans last year in the Chinese city of Wuhan. But exactly where it came from is not entirely clear to date. Erasmus MC confirmed a message from NRC and the British newspaper The Telegraph about the participation of the prominent Dutch virologist. Virologists and public and animal health experts from the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Denmark, Japan, Qatar, Germany, Vietnam and Russia, among others, are involved in the study. The scientists hope to be able to conduct research on site as soon as possible. (27-11-2020)
Virologist Koopmans and WHO team landed in Wuhan for corona research
An international team of experts from the WHO health organization, including the Dutch virologist Marion Koopmans
, arrived in the Chinese city of Wuhan on Thursday, Chinese state broadcaster CGTN reports. After landing, the team was received by Chinese officials in protective clothing. In the coming weeks, the researchers will try to find out the origin of the corona virus. The researchers will stay in China for four weeks, of which the first two are in quarantine. The research focuses mainly on the metropolis of Wuhan, where the corona virus was first discovered in 2019. The aim of the study, according to WHO expert Mike Ryan, is not to pinpoint a culprit, but to look for answers that can prevent future pandemics. After the mandatory quarantine period, the scientists will talk to their Chinese colleagues.
China would try through state media to convince the population that the corona virus already existed before it was discovered in Wuhan, according to Reuters news agency. For example, the coronavirus would have been discovered on imported frozen food and there would be 'scientific' studies that claim that the virus was already circulating in Europe. (14-01-2021)
The food market in the Chinese city of Wuhan may not be where the coronavirus originally came from
The team from the WHO health organization said at a local press conference on Tuesday. More research is needed to find out the origin of the virus, according to the experts. The researchers, including the Dutch virologist Marion Koopmans, arrived in China on January 14 for a four-week study, the first two of which were during mandatory quarantine. The team has visited the market in Wuhan, among others. The first coronavirus infections were linked to this location at the end of 2019. Lead investigator Peter Ben Embarek says the picture of the outbreak has not changed after nearly a month. For example, it is still not clear whether the corona virus originated on the market. China previously suggested that the virus may have been hitched to the metropolis with frozen food. This scenario is not currently ruled out by the WHO team. Whether this is actually possible remains to be investigated further. The virus has probably passed from animals to humans. Which animal species the virus comes from also needs further investigation. It could be several types. According to Ben Embarek, it appears that bats were the source, but these animals are unlikely to have been in Wuhan. According to Dominic Dwyer, one of the experts on the research team, it will likely take years to fully understand the origin of the coronavirus. (09-02-2021)
WHO team: First COVID-19 patients in China may be as early as October 2019
About 90 people ended up in a Chinese hospital in October 2019 with symptoms similar to those of COVID-19. This is reported by the WHO team that conducted research in the country into the origin of the virus last month, the Wall Street Journal writes on Wednesday. Beijing officially reported that a patient with COVID-19 was first discovered on December 8, 2019. If the WHO team's suspicions are correct, the 'first corona patient identified' in the Chinese city of Wuhan may not have been the first after all.
WHO experts, including the Dutch virologist Marion Koopmans, spent the last four weeks doing research in China to discover the origin of COVID-19. That team concluded on Tuesday that a food market in Wuhan may not be where COVID-19 came from after all.
According to China, which recently examined the 92 patients from October 2019, no antibodies to the virus were found in two-thirds of them. A third refused to cooperate or has since died. However, the WHO team says this may be explained by the delay between hospitalization and testing. The experts have now asked the country for blood samples from Hubei province, in which Wuhan is located, from the fall of 2019, to see if the virus was already circulating at the time. However, the Chinese authorities say they have not yet received the necessary authorization, because those samples are stored in blood banks.
Virus circulated outside of China before December 2019
Should it indeed be the case that patients with COVID-19 were in hospital as early as October 2019, this could explain why some scientists suspect that the virus was already circulating in Europe and the US as early as November and December 2019.
Earlier detection could have prevented further spread. Worldwide, more than 2.3 million people have now died from the consequences of a COVID-19 infection. Nearly 110 million people were infected. Beijing has suggested in recent months that the corona virus originated outside China. For example, the country claims that the virus was transported via frozen food and had already been discovered in other countries. That scenario is still under investigation. Dominic Dwyer, one of the experts on the research team, said on Tuesday that it will likely take years to fully understand the origin of the coronavirus. (11-02-2021)
China declined to provide raw data on initial infection to WHO team
China did not want to give the raw data about the first coronavirus infection in Wuhan to the research group of the World Health Organization (WHO). So said Dominic Dwyer, an Australian professor of infectious diseases in an interview with Reuters news agency. He was part of the WHO scientific team that conducted two weeks of research in China into the origin and spread of the virus. The lack of raw data makes this difficult.
The research team had requested raw data from 174 first known corona cases in China, but was only given a summary of the data, according to Dwyer. Such data would contain details that are important for research in virus outbreaks, for example about which questions individual patients were asked about the diagnosis and course of the disease and which answers they gave. According to Dwyer, this data is important to reconstruct the outbreak, because only half of those 174 infected people had been in the Huanan market. The virus may have jumped from animals to humans for the first time on this market.
The WHO team is said to have repeatedly asked for these data but did not receive them. The reason behind this is unclear, according to Dwyer. "Maybe it's political, didn't have time or it's difficult [to give the data]," said Dwyer. "But that would all be speculation." (14-02-2021)
President Biden calls on intelligence services to search harder for the origin of the corona virus
US President Joe Biden has asked his intelligence services to make extra efforts to discover the origin of the corona pandemic.
The United States has long believed that China has not been transparent enough about the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan at the end of 2019. The coronavirus has most likely passed from animals to humans. According to the WHO, a bat likely passed the virus to another animal and this species carried the virus back to humans.
It is very unlikely that the virus was accidentally passed to humans in a laboratory. Nevertheless, Biden has asked to investigate this, in his view, "very unlikely possibility". The American newspaper The Wall Street Journal wrote about sick staff at the Wuhan Institute of Virology last weekend. The story relied on an unpublished report from the last days of former US President Donald Trump's administration. It stated that in the fall of 2019, several researchers at the lab became ill with symptoms similar to both COVID-19 and common seasonal illnesses. The director of the laboratory in the Chinese city of Wuhan denied that his employees fell ill in November 2019 as a result of a possible outbreak of COVID-19 and called the newspaper's claims unfounded. (26-05-2021)
More than 100 + million people have now been tested positive for COVID-19.
Check the corona figures
- Total cases in China 89,736 K
- Recovered 80,309 K
- Deaths 4.636 K
- Population: 1.493 billion
Back to top