Information regarding borders and travel and closed borders & corona
- What is the state of affairs in China, where the corona pandemic originated?
With the invention of the corona vaccine, the news will change again in the coming period. Consider, for example, being able to demonstrate that you have recently been tested negative, or having proof that you have been vaccinated against Coronavirus. For example, you cannot access indoor public spaces or government offices if you have not been tested negative. But that's the news for the coming period. (Januari 2021)
A new dangerous mutation in the corona virus from February 2021 to June 2021 upcoming. For example, from the points that have been seen: People who blink or get stutter. (30-12-2020)
Border & Corona Nov. 2020 to 2021
Chief of staff concerned about the various mutations of the coronavirus. If neighboring countries fail to reduce the number of infections, closing the borders will be inevitable, Braun warns. He did not mention any specific countries. Belgium has already spoken out in favor of this. According to Prime Minister De Croo, negative travel advice is not enough to prevent holiday travel. (21-1-2021)
Several European countries - like the Netherlands - are tightening their corona measures. The countries around us do this against the corona virus and the more contagious British variant.
• The Belgian government has extended the corona measures until March 1. The shops are still open at the southern neighbors.
• Germany will check people from risk countries more strictly upon arrival. A corona test will be mandatory. Chancellor Angela Merkel does not rule out that her country will remain in lockdown until the beginning of April.
• In the United Kingdom and Ireland, the infection rate as a result of the British variant is very high. Prime Minister Boris Johnson does not rule out that the already strong measures will be further tightened. Scotland has already decided to do so.
• In France, a curfew applies from 8 pm and in many regions even from 6 pm. The government is discussing the option of having all of France stay in all evening to stop the spread of the British mutation. Schools could remain open.
• Italy will extend the state of emergency until the end of April.
• The restrictions in Switzerland were tightened on Wednesday and extended by five weeks until the end of February. Eating out or sniffing culture is not an option in the Alpine country for the time being. Non-essential stores will remain closed from Monday.
• Denmark is also extending the lockdown. The British variant has often been established there. The current measures will run until January 17. According to the Danish media, they will be extended by three weeks.
• Something more positive news came from Poland, where the number of new infections is stabilizing. A minister expressed the expectation that the measures there could be relaxed in a few weeks. (12-01-2021)
This is an original and dominant virus type, according to several studies, deadlier variant, let's see why. The example comes from epidemiologist Adam Kucharski. As an example we first take the situation we are in now, with 9,000 infections per day and a reproduction rate of 1.15. This leads to each infected person infecting 1.15 people every six days. After a month we are at more than 18,000 infections per day. The percentage that dies from this is 0.8, or 145 deaths per day. But the virus now mutates into a version that is half deadly then this ensures that every infected person infected 1.65 others after six days. After a month, the number of infections has risen to 110,000 per day. With a death rate of 0.8, that means almost 900 deaths per day. Nearly 700 more than a virus that is half the deadly, of course this is just an example where all measures do not apply. But it shows that a more contagious virus is in theory a more deadly virus in the end.
The British variant of the virus, which is said to be more contagious, has been found there in almost half of the positive cases. In Ireland, the infection rate has increased tenfold in the past three weeks to nearly 1,300 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, partly attributable to the UK virus mutation. The variant first found in South Africa has been detected three times in Ireland. (12-01-2021)
The first case of the British variant of the coronavirus was diagnosed in Mexico in a 56-year-old Briton who flew from Amsterdam via Mexico City to the northeastern Matamoros. The man has become seriously ill, the health authorities report.
He arrived in the capital on December 28, 2020 and flew to the border town of Matamoros a day later. The man tested positive at the company where he works and had to be admitted to a local private hospital on January 4, 2021.
Japanese authorities have found a new variant of the coronavirus in four people entering the country from Brazil. According to the Department of Health, the mutated virus partially resembles the British and South African variants.
The Japanese epidemiological institute told the Japan Times newspaper that there are no indications yet that the new variant is highly contagious. It is still being investigated whether there are serious complaints and whether the mutation is resistant to the vaccines.
Of the four people infected, a 40-year-old man had no symptoms when he arrived, but had to be admitted later with breathing difficulties. A woman of about thirty complained of a headache, a teenager had a fever, and an equally old girl had no symptoms at all. They tested positive during their quarantine at the airport. (10-01-2020)
The number of people in Belgium who died from the consequences of the corona virus has exceeded twenty thousand.
In the United Kingdom, approximately 2 million people have been vaccinated against the corona virus. Health Minister Matt Hancock said that last week as many people were vaccinated as in December.
The first vaccination campaign in Africa has started in the Seychelles, an island republic north of Madagascar.
The United Kingdom, Canada, Germany and Japan have collected € 820 million to enable developing countries to purchase corona vaccines. (10-01-2020)
The number of new infections in Germany has again exceeded 10,000. In the past 24 hours, 11,897 new cases were added. Little testing was done around the holidays, which may explain why there is now an increase in the number of cases. Incidentally, there has been no significant decrease in the number of registered infections in recent days.
Yesterday, the German newspaper Bild wrote that the lockdown will be extended until January 31. Other media have not yet confirmed the message.
The current lockdown took effect in mid-December and is valid until January 10. (05-01-2021)
Crisis in the UK. "the number of infections is really skyrocketing". "Yesterday, 53,000 new infections were added in 24 hours. That is almost five times as many as a month ago. The number of hospital admissions is now higher than at the peak in April 2020." (04-01-2021)
At the outbreak of the corona virus in the Chinese city of Wuhan, 37-year-old Zhan Zhang will be put in 4 years in prison. Zhang, who originally worked as a lawyer, is said to have caused concern with her reporting and spread false news. With the conviction, China appears to want to keep control of the information flow and deter others who do the same. With a phone in her pocket, 37-year-old Zhang traveled to Wuhan in early February 2020, where draconian measures were in place at the time. She wanted to record the situation and filmed empty streets, public spaces. She also filmed in hospitals and passed a crematorium at night. The images appeared on social media. When she was censored on Chinese sites, Zhang switched to international platforms like Twitter and YouTube. (28-12-2020)
Chilean-based outbreak: The corona virus has been diagnosed in 36 people on a Chilean base in Antarctica, the Chilean government reports. Antarctica was the only continent so far where no infections had been reported. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research fears that the arrival of corona to the South Pole will have consequences for nature and animals, although it is not yet clear what the effects will be. There is a fear that humans will transmit the virus to special animal species. (22-12-2020)
A new variant of coronavirus has been found which is growing faster in some parts of England. It will be "very difficult" to stop the spread of the new variant of the coronavirus, British Health Minister Matt Hancock said Sunday morning. "We still have a long way to go." The mutated version of the virus is probably a lot more contagious than previous variants.
The Netherlands, Germany, UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and Japan in Lockdown. The variant now found in the UK seems to be more easily transferable than variants previously known. According to the national government, the mutated virus is also more difficult to detect. (21-12-2020)
Airlines KLM, EasyJet and British Airways have already canceled dozens of flights due to the flight ban for travelers from the United Kingdom. The two flights from Ryanair to Eindhoven that were still on the calendar this year have now also been removed from the schedule. Passenger flights from South Africa are also no longer allowed to land in the Netherlands from Monday evening due to a mutation of the corona virus in the African country. (21-12-2020)
Back to top
Also in the Netherlands some have probably been infected with this new virus. Flights from the UK and Denmark are also affected by this precaution. The variant discovered in the United Kingdom last week has also been found in nine people in Denmark, one in the Netherlands and one in Australia, according to the World Health Organization. It was announced on Sunday that a case has also surfaced in Italy. According to the British government, this 'new' version of the virus is up to 70 percent more contagious. In Turkey, just like in Germany, flights from South Africa are also not welcome. There, another mutation of the virus was found that may be even more contagious than the variant in Europe. The number of infections in South Africa is currently rising rapidly. Israel also introduced travel restrictions on Sunday. The country does block flights from the UK, Denmark and South Africa, but not from the Netherlands. (21-12-2020)
During the lockdown, many shops have to close and schools and day-care centers must also "in principle" close, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced on Sunday. In addition, the sale of fireworks in the run-up to the turn of the year is prohibited. (13-12-2020)
Acording to figures from customs authorities on Monday, the industry in China is already running at full speed, where a large part of the rest of the world is still struggling with closures due to the corona virus. Exports grew by more than 21 percent in November compared to a year earlier, the highest percentage since February 2018. In October the growth was 11.4 percent and analysts had expected no more than 12 percent for November. It is the third consecutive month of expansion, which is a sign that domestic demand is also increasing. Especially the demand for metals such as steel, copper and aluminum is picking up strongly. (7-12-2020)
The bar of 200,000 daily corona infections has already been exceeded three times in recent weeks, but the number has never been so high. Notably, hospital admissions are increasing in the four most populous states (California, Florida, New York and Texas), notes the Covid Tracking Project. The United States, the country hardest hit by the pandemic worldwide, has more than 14.3 million infections and 278,000 deaths. (5-12-2020)
UK will introduce new quarantine rules for travelers from abroad from 15 December 2020. They can undergo a corona test after five days of quarantine and no longer have to remain in quarantine if the result of the test is negative. Airlines and other companies in the travel and tourism sector have been advocating for months to relax the quarantine rules, which so far has 14 days of self-isolation. For that reason, many people decided not to take a holiday abroad or a trip to England. "This decision gives passengers the confidence to book international travel with the knowledge that when they return home they will need to go into self-isolation for a shorter period if they have tested negative," the government said Tuesday.
The new rules apply to all passengers arriving from countries that are not on the UK government's safe countries list and to passengers from destinations popular with British tourists. "With this announcement, light will come to the end of the tunnel, not only for carriers and the UK aviation industry, but also for consumers who want to leave for Christmas or beyond," said the chief executive of the UK aviation industry association Airlines UK.
Anyone arriving in England by plane, train or ferry from December 15th can register for a corona test at a private provider. This must be on the government list of approved providers. The corona tests have to be paid for by the travelers themselves and cost around 70 to 135 euros. (24-11-2020)
Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for a global mechanism using QR codes to make international travel possible again. The head of state did this on the sidelines of the G20 meeting, the BBC reports Monday 23-11-2020. With the QR codes, certificates can be read based on the results of PCR tests. In China, QR codes have been used to map the corona virus since February 2020!. "We hope that more countries will join this mechanism," said Xi, who did not go into detail on how it should work. QR codes are barcodes that can be read via mobile phones. In China they have been used since the beginning of this year in the context of the corona outbreak with a traffic light system. Someone who has green can travel freely. Orange or red means that someone must be quarantined and therefore not allowed to travel. (24-11-2020)
The "Red Code" warning level is maintained in the capital. The Chisinau Extraordinary Public Health Commission declared a state of emergency for public health across Chisinau between November 30, 2020 and January 15, 2021. The "Red Code" warning is also maintained. So during this period the activity of night clubs is prohibited, at the same time, it is prohibited to perform activities in theaters, cinemas, cultural houses. (24-11-2020).
Border & Corona Feb 2020 to Oct 2020
- Russia reports nearly fifteen thousand positive tests on Saturday, a slight decrease compared to yesterday (15,150). The number of reported corona-related deaths did increase, from 232 to 279. In total, Russia now has 1,384,235 positive tests and more than 24,000 deaths. (17-10-2020).
- United States achieves 8 million positive tests. In the US, 8 million people have been tested positive for the corona virus since the start of the corona pandemic. According to Johns Hopkins University, there are now 8,039,642 Americans diagnosed with the virus. At least 218,448 Americans have also died from the effects of the virus. The US is therefore still the country most affected worldwide. India follows with more than 7.4 million positive tests and more than 112,000 deaths. Almost 40 million positive tests have now been reported worldwide. (17-10-2020)
- The Dutch and Belgians do not have to cross the Dutch-Belgian borders for the time being, unless it is really necessary. The governments of the two countries make this urgent appeal. Continuing to travel back and forth can increase the number of corona infections. The border will remain open. (17-10-2020)
- Germany reports another record number of positive tests. In Germany, the number of positive tests has increased by 7,830 to 348,557 in the past 24 hours, reports the Robert Koch-Institut, the German RIVM. It means another day record for the country. (17-10-2020)
- Thailand reports the first two local infections in more than a month. Since the beginning of September, the virus was no longer transmitted from person to person within Thailand. It would be two residents of Myanmar who live near the border. A flare-up of the virus was observed in that country. Thailand has 3,679 positive tests. (17-10-2020)
- Ukraine reports a record number of new positive tests. The Eastern. European country registered more than 6,400 corona tests, almost 500 more than the previous day record reported yesterday. There was also a record increase in the death toll, which rose by 109 to 5,517. In Ukraine, strict corona measures have been extended until the end of this year. (17-10-2020)
- More than ten thousand positive tests per day in Belgium. In Belgium, the number of new corona infections has risen above 10,000 per day for the first time. The last known figure from last Tuesday came to 10,369 new cases, according to the online corona dashboard of the Sciensano health institute on Saturday. (17-10-2020)
- Austria and the Czech Republic also break their corona records today. Austria reports more than 2,000 positive tests for the first time, while the Czech Republic exceeds 11,000. In the latter country, the number of positive tests has more than doubled since the beginning of October, to 160,000.
- Indonesia reports 4,300 new positive tests and 84 corona deaths. In total, Indonesia has 357,000 positive tests and 12,431 deaths. Those are the largest numbers in Southeast Asia.
- And finally Poland, where authorities registered 9,622 positive corona tests. Poland is tightening up some measures again today. The total number of positive tests has rapidly increased to 167,000. (17-10-2020)
- Malaysia keeps borders closed to foreigners until the end of the year
The Malaysian government reports on Saturday that the borders will remain closed to foreign tourists until at least December 31. The government says it has the pandemic under control and wants to prevent foreigners from creating new clusters of the virus with this decision. (29-08-2020)
- Argentina has a record number of 11,717 infections in the past 24 hours. The total number of infections in the country now stands at 392,009 and the number of deaths at 8,271. Nevertheless, since Friday it is allowed to meet up with a maximum of ten people outside. However, people must keep a distance of 2 meters. (29-08-2020)
- Brazil has 4,9 million infections.
Brazil's Ministry of Health has reported 43,412 new infections and 855 new deaths in the past 24 hours. The number of infections thus exceeds 4,9 million.The number of deaths in Brazil now stands at 147K. (06-10-2020)
- Hungary closed its borders to foreigners, in order to combat the number of increasing coronavirus infections. Hungarians returning from abroad are quarantined for fourteen days. (29-08-2020)
- Ukraine closes borders for at least a month Ukraine closes its borders to foreigners for at least a month. And the obligation for Ukrainians to go into quarantine after returning from abroad will be extended until at least the end of October. The government of Ukraine wants to do something about the increasing number of infections in the country, reports the Kyiv Post newspaper. (29-08-2020)
- Germany, the largest number of new corona infections since the end of April was reported on Saturday. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the German equivalent of the RIVM, reported 2,048 new infections in the last 24 hours. This brings the total number of corona infections to 232,082. (22-08-2020)
- Iran is approaching 400,000 infections and more than 23,000 deaths
Iran has just reported 116 new deaths and 2,139 infections. The death toll now stands at 23,029, while the number of infections stands at 399,940. This makes Iran one of the worst affected countries in the Middle East. (12-09-2029)
- The number of infections in India has risen to over 4+ million. The government today reports 64,531 new infections and 1,092 new deaths. The death toll in India is 70,000+ (07-09-2020).
- Greece According to the ministry, the number of people infected with the virus during their holiday on one of the Greek islands has risen sharply. "Are you planning to travel to a Greek island or are you there? Please note that the advice for that island will turn orange. That means that only necessary travel is recommended," the ministry said. (07-09-2020)
- United Kingdom travelers to the UK have a 14-day quarantine obligation for the time being. (14-08-2020) UK: Check WHO, the FCO and UK government response are offering Coronavirus travel advise.
- Spain Travel advice for Spain: do not travel. Spanish minister demands closure of large parts of the Madrid region Many more parts of the Madrid region must be closed as soon as possible due to the revival of the corona virus. "We have to listen to what scientists say. We have to look at the facts and act now," said the Spanish Health Minister Salvador Illa. (26-09-2020)
- Italy Borders are open to international tourists, but travellers from outside the EU, Schengen area and UK must self-isolate for 14 days. Arrivals from those areas will not be subject to quarantine measures and theatres, concert halls, cinemas are open. (07-09-2020)
- France has registered almost ten thousand new infections with the corona virus in 24 hours. The number of confirmed infections in the country rose by 9,843 on Wednesday, the highest number since the COVID-19 outbreak in the country. (10-09-2020)
- Belgium In Belgium there is serious fear of a second corona wave. Across the country, since the beginning of this month, it has been mandatory to wear a mask in shops, shopping centers, cinemas and museums. Not wearing a mouth mask can result in a fine. (19-7-2020)
- Antwerp The travel advice for the province of Antwerp changes from code orange to code yellow. The city of Antwerp will remain orange, which means that a visit is not recommended if it is not necessary. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague, the corona outbreak in the rest of the province is under control. (07-09-2020)
-Turky The mouth mask now also applies on the street in Diyarbakir, Erzurum, Kayseri, Rize and Sanliurfa. In total, mouth masks are now mandatory in 42 of the 81 provinces.
- USA: America has seen its #covid19 infection rate surge in recent weeks, meaning it does not fit the criteria to be deemed safe.' 7,9+ million infections in the US' In the United States, at least 7,9 million people are infected with the corona virus and 210K passed away.In the US, the corona testing policy of international travelers is being relaxed, sources report to Reuters and a government document that the news agency has seen. Travelers can enter the country at more places than at the 15 airports previously designated for this purpose. There will also be less testing. The relaxation applies to Dutch people and residents of other Schengen countries, China, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Iran and will in principle start on Monday 14 September 2020. The document states that 675,000 travelers were screened at 15 airports, and that "less than 15" of them were found to be infected with the corona virus. "It requires significant resources and is unsustainable as the number of journeys increases," the document says. CDC, the American RIVM, gives priority to other measures. (10-09-2020)
- Moldovans will not be able to enter Hungary until October 1, the Embassy of the Republic of Moldova in Budapest announces temporary reintroduction of border control, valid from September 1 to October 1, 2020, prohibiting entry of all foreigners, including Moldovans, into Hungary. COVID-19 infection rules imposed on the territory of Hongari do not apply to traffic in transit and transport of goods. (1-09-2020)
- Russia As of March 30, 2020, Russian border crossing points, including those on the land border with Belarus, will be closed indefinitely to road, train, boat and pedestrian traffic for both Russian nationals and foreigners. Air traffic: There is currently no regular international air traffic to and from Russian airports. Train traffic: For the time being, no passenger trains run between Russia and Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Belarus (Belarus) due to the closure of the borders. (17-7-2020)
The easy way to travel to Moscow is true Londen or Istanbul currently flying Turkish Airlines (19-08-2020)
- Hong Kong In Hong Kong, no more than two people may come together from Wednesday, now that the number of infections has peaked. Eating is prohibited in bars and restaurants and face masks are required outside and in all public areas. There are 2633 confirmed cases in the city. Of these, 133 were added last Saturday. (27-7-2020).
A 33-year-old man in Hong Kong has been infected with SARS-CoV-2 for the second time. Researchers at the University of Hong Kong have established this with certainty. They genetically tested virus material from the man's first infection in April, and did so again when the man tested positive for the coronavirus a second time this month. (26-08-2020)
- Morocco On average, more than 1,000 new cases are added every day and the healthcare system is overloaded. The situation the country feared at the start of the pandemic now appears to be becoming a reality. The measures affect eight cities: Casablanca and the nearby towns of Berrechid and Settat, the 'royal cities' of Fez and Meknes, Marrakesh in the south and Tangier and Tetouan in the north of the country. (20-08-2020)
- World: Find places in the world to go with the live global map. Want to know when you can visit your preferred destination? Sign up to get email updates when restrictions lift.