Information regarding borders and travel and closed borders & COVID-19
- What is the state of affairs in China, where the corona pandemic originated?
While the number of infections continues to rise worldwide, the residents of the Chinese city of Wuhan seem to have taken up daily life. Has China really fought the coronavirus? And if so, what was the secret of the Chinese approach? (19-08-2020)
1) The announcement of the success of the Chinese vaccine coincided with Trump's defeat in last (2020) year's election.
2) Following the trade war, a trade agreement was reached with China in January 2020, requiring China to buy $ 200 billion worth of goods and services from the United States for two years (2022) after which tariffs on Chinese goods would be lifted.
3) Less than a month after the signing of this agreement, the corona virus released. It only took less than a teaspoon of Corona virus to infect 50 million people world wide.
3.a) Aviation industry organization IATA reported passenger numbers in aircraft to return to normal, pre-corona crisis levels in 2023.
4) All of Trump's economic achievements with China will became unsuccessful.
5) The Chinese virus has spread to all parts of the world, but China itself is immune to this virus, and China has the highest economic growth unlike other countries.
5.a) More people will stay at home and work from home and shop online at home. Entrepreneurs buy the orders from wholesalers in China, the millions in profit for the major Chinese markets will be transform in trillions.
5.b) Stock market started to show slowly recovery again, Bitcoins rose from $ 10,000 (€ 8,435) each to $ 18,800. With that, the virtual currency is approaching its most valuable point ever.
6) Immediately after the announcement of Biden's victory, China announced that it had the vaccine for the virus and had successfully tested it.
6.a) Mr. Trump agrees to begin transferring power to the Biden administration. (24-11-2020)
Dutch expert searches with WHO for corona origin Virologist Marion Koopmans of Erasmus MC in Rotterdam is part of an international research team of the WHO health organization, which will investigate the origin of the coronavirus.
The virus first appeared in humans last year in the Chinese city of Wuhan. But exactly where it came from is not entirely clear to date. Erasmus MC confirmed a message from NRC and the British newspaper The Telegraph about the participation of the prominent Dutch virologist.
Virologists and public and animal health experts from the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Denmark, Japan, Qatar, Germany, Vietnam and Russia, among others, are involved in the study.
The scientists hope to be able to conduct research on site as soon as possible. (27-11-2020)
More than 60 million people have now been tested positive for COVID-19. The United States is the front runner with more than 12.8 million people. More than 1.4 million people have died from the effects of the disease. Russia and India are two of the hardest hit countries. More than two million coronavirus infections have been diagnosed in Russia and the number of cases in India is over nine million. (27-11-2020)
- With the invention of the corona vaccine, the news will change again in the coming period. Consider, for example, being able to demonstrate that you have recently been tested negative, or having proof that you have been vaccinated against Coronavirus. For example, you cannot access indoor public spaces or government offices if you have not been tested negative. But that's the news for the coming period. (19-11-2020)
UK will introduce new quarantine rules for travelers from abroad from 15 December. They can undergo a corona test after five days of quarantine and no longer have to remain in quarantine if the result of the test is negative. Airlines and other companies in the travel and tourism sector have been advocating for months to relax the quarantine rules, which so far has 14 days of self-isolation. For that reason, many people decided not to take a holiday abroad or a trip to England. "This decision gives passengers the confidence to book international travel with the knowledge that when they return home they will need to go into self-isolation for a shorter period if they have tested negative," the government said Tuesday.
The new rules apply to all passengers arriving from countries that are not on the UK government's safe countries list and to passengers from destinations popular with British tourists. "With this announcement, light will come to the end of the tunnel, not only for carriers and the UK aviation industry, but also for consumers who want to leave for Christmas or beyond," said the chief executive of the UK aviation industry association Airlines UK.
Anyone arriving in England by plane, train or ferry from December 15th can register for a corona test at a private provider. This must be on the government list of approved providers. The corona tests have to be paid for by the travelers themselves and cost around 70 to 135 euros. (24-11-2020)
- Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for a global mechanism using QR codes to make international travel possible again. The head of state did this on the sidelines of the G20 meeting, the BBC reports Monday 23-11-2020. With the QR codes, certificates can be read based on the results of PCR tests.
In China, QR codes have been used to map the corona virus since February 2020!. "We hope that more countries will join this mechanism," said Xi, who did not go into detail on how it should work.
QR codes are barcodes that can be read via mobile phones. In China they have been used since the beginning of this year in the context of the corona outbreak with a traffic light system. Someone who has green can travel freely. Orange or red means that someone must be quarantined and therefore not allowed to travel. (24-11-2020)
- Russia reports nearly fifteen thousand positive tests on Saturday, a slight decrease compared to yesterday (15,150). The number of reported corona-related deaths did increase, from 232 to 279. In total, Russia now has 1,384,235 positive tests and more than 24,000 deaths. (17-10-2020).
- United States achieves 8 million positive tests. In the US, 8 million people have been tested positive for the corona virus since the start of the corona pandemic. According to Johns Hopkins University, there are now 8,039,642 Americans diagnosed with the virus. At least 218,448 Americans have also died from the effects of the virus. The US is therefore still the country most affected worldwide. India follows with more than 7.4 million positive tests and more than 112,000 deaths. Almost 40 million positive tests have now been reported worldwide. (17-10-2020)
- The Dutch and Belgians do not have to cross the Dutch-Belgian borders for the time being, unless it is really necessary. The governments of the two countries make this urgent appeal. Continuing to travel back and forth can increase the number of corona infections. The border will remain open. (17-10-2020)
- Germany reports another record number of positive tests. In Germany, the number of positive tests has increased by 7,830 to 348,557 in the past 24 hours, reports the Robert Koch-Institut, the German RIVM. It means another day record for the country. (17-10-2020)
- Thailand reports the first two local infections in more than a month. Since the beginning of September, the virus was no longer transmitted from person to person within Thailand. It would be two residents of Myanmar who live near the border. A flare-up of the virus was observed in that country. Thailand has 3,679 positive tests. (17-10-2020)
- Ukraine reports a record number of new positive tests. The Eastern. European country registered more than 6,400 corona tests, almost 500 more than the previous day record reported yesterday. There was also a record increase in the death toll, which rose by 109 to 5,517. In Ukraine, strict corona measures have been extended until the end of this year. (17-10-2020)
- More than ten thousand positive tests per day in Belgium. In Belgium, the number of new corona infections has risen above 10,000 per day for the first time. The last known figure from last Tuesday came to 10,369 new cases, according to the online corona dashboard of the Sciensano health institute on Saturday. (17-10-2020)
- Austria and the Czech Republic also break their corona records today. Austria reports more than 2,000 positive tests for the first time, while the Czech Republic exceeds 11,000. In the latter country, the number of positive tests has more than doubled since the beginning of October, to 160,000.
- Indonesia reports 4,300 new positive tests and 84 corona deaths. In total, Indonesia has 357,000 positive tests and 12,431 deaths. Those are the largest numbers in Southeast Asia.
- And finally Poland, where authorities registered 9,622 positive corona tests. Poland is tightening up some measures again today. The total number of positive tests has rapidly increased to 167,000. (17-10-2020)
- Malaysia keeps borders closed to foreigners until the end of the year
The Malaysian government reports on Saturday that the borders will remain closed to foreign tourists until at least December 31. The government says it has the pandemic under control and wants to prevent foreigners from creating new clusters of the virus with this decision. (29-08-2020)
- Argentina has a record number of 11,717 infections in the past 24 hours. The total number of infections in the country now stands at 392,009 and the number of deaths at 8,271. Nevertheless, since Friday it is allowed to meet up with a maximum of ten people outside. However, people must keep a distance of 2 meters. (29-08-2020)
- Brazil has 4,9 million infections.
Brazil's Ministry of Health has reported 43,412 new infections and 855 new deaths in the past 24 hours. The number of infections thus exceeds 4,9 million.The number of deaths in Brazil now stands at 147K. (06-10-2020)
- Hungary closed its borders to foreigners, in order to combat the number of increasing coronavirus infections. Hungarians returning from abroad are quarantined for fourteen days. (29-08-2020)
- Ukraine closes borders for at least a month Ukraine closes its borders to foreigners for at least a month. And the obligation for Ukrainians to go into quarantine after returning from abroad will be extended until at least the end of October. The government of Ukraine wants to do something about the increasing number of infections in the country, reports the Kyiv Post newspaper. (29-08-2020)
- Germany, the largest number of new corona infections since the end of April was reported on Saturday. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the German equivalent of the RIVM, reported 2,048 new infections in the last 24 hours. This brings the total number of corona infections to 232,082. (22-08-2020)
- Iran is approaching 400,000 infections and more than 23,000 deaths
Iran has just reported 116 new deaths and 2,139 infections. The death toll now stands at 23,029, while the number of infections stands at 399,940. This makes Iran one of the worst affected countries in the Middle East. (12-09-2029)
- The number of infections in India has risen to over 4+ million. The government today reports 64,531 new infections and 1,092 new deaths. The death toll in India is 70,000+ (07-09-2020).
- Greece According to the ministry, the number of people infected with the virus during their holiday on one of the Greek islands has risen sharply. "Are you planning to travel to a Greek island or are you there? Please note that the advice for that island will turn orange. That means that only necessary travel is recommended," the ministry said. (07-09-2020)
- Spain Travel advice for Spain: do not travel. Spanish minister demands closure of large parts of the Madrid region Many more parts of the Madrid region must be closed as soon as possible due to the revival of the corona virus. "We have to listen to what scientists say. We have to look at the facts and act now," said the Spanish Health Minister Salvador Illa. (26-09-2020)
- Italy Borders are open to international tourists, but travellers from outside the EU, Schengen area and UK must self-isolate for 14 days. Arrivals from those areas will not be subject to quarantine measures and theatres, concert halls, cinemas are open. (07-09-2020)
- France has registered almost ten thousand new infections with the corona virus in 24 hours. The number of confirmed infections in the country rose by 9,843 on Wednesday, the highest number since the COVID-19 outbreak in the country. (10-09-2020)
- Belgium In Belgium there is serious fear of a second corona wave. Across the country, since the beginning of this month, it has been mandatory to wear a mask in shops, shopping centers, cinemas and museums. Not wearing a mouth mask can result in a fine. (19-7-2020)
- Antwerp The travel advice for the province of Antwerp changes from code orange to code yellow. The city of Antwerp will remain orange, which means that a visit is not recommended if it is not necessary. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague, the corona outbreak in the rest of the province is under control. (07-09-2020)
-Turky The mouth mask now also applies on the street in Diyarbakir, Erzurum, Kayseri, Rize and Sanliurfa. In total, mouth masks are now mandatory in 42 of the 81 provinces.
- USA: America has seen its #covid19 infection rate surge in recent weeks, meaning it does not fit the criteria to be deemed safe.' 7,9+ million infections in the US' In the United States, at least 7,9 million people are infected with the corona virus and 210K passed away.In the US, the corona testing policy of international travelers is being relaxed, sources report to Reuters and a government document that the news agency has seen. Travelers can enter the country at more places than at the 15 airports previously designated for this purpose. There will also be less testing. The relaxation applies to Dutch people and residents of other Schengen countries, China, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Iran and will in principle start on Monday 14 September 2020. The document states that 675,000 travelers were screened at 15 airports, and that "less than 15" of them were found to be infected with the corona virus. "It requires significant resources and is unsustainable as the number of journeys increases," the document says. CDC, the American RIVM, gives priority to other measures. (10-09-2020)
- Moldovans will not be able to enter Hungary until October 1, the Embassy of the Republic of Moldova in Budapest announces temporary reintroduction of border control, valid from September 1 to October 1, 2020, prohibiting entry of all foreigners, including Moldovans, into Hungary. COVID-19 infection rules imposed on the territory of Hongari do not apply to traffic in transit and transport of goods. (1-09-2020)
- Russia As of March 30, 2020, Russian border crossing points, including those on the land border with Belarus, will be closed indefinitely to road, train, boat and pedestrian traffic for both Russian nationals and foreigners. Air traffic: There is currently no regular international air traffic to and from Russian airports. Train traffic: For the time being, no passenger trains run between Russia and Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Belarus (Belarus) due to the closure of the borders. (17-7-2020)
The easy way to travel to Moscow is true Londen or Istanbul currently flying Turkish Airlines (19-08-2020)
- Hong Kong In Hong Kong, no more than two people may come together from Wednesday, now that the number of infections has peaked. Eating is prohibited in bars and restaurants and face masks are required outside and in all public areas. There are 2633 confirmed cases in the city. Of these, 133 were added last Saturday. (27-7-2020).
A 33-year-old man in Hong Kong has been infected with SARS-CoV-2 for the second time. Researchers at the University of Hong Kong have established this with certainty. They genetically tested virus material from the man's first infection in April, and did so again when the man tested positive for the coronavirus a second time this month. (26-08-2020)
- Morocco On average, more than 1,000 new cases are added every day and the healthcare system is overloaded. The situation the country feared at the start of the pandemic now appears to be becoming a reality. The measures affect eight cities: Casablanca and the nearby towns of Berrechid and Settat, the 'royal cities' of Fez and Meknes, Marrakesh in the south and Tangier and Tetouan in the north of the country. (20-08-2020)
- World: Find places in the world to go with the live global map. Want to know when you can visit your preferred destination? Sign up to get email updates when restrictions lift. (21-08-2020)