Welcome to Amsterdam 2020
Book a trusted local driver from Amsterdam to pick you up and introduce you to your next destination.
Book a trip to Amsterdam windmills, zaanse schans, visit keukenhof (May and April), have a walk on the Albert Cuyp market, visit diamond factorry, get a trip to Amsterdam zoo Artis, go back to 1945 and visit Resistance museum.
Have a stop at Burgemeester and taste your premium burger, take a ride to ice salon, get your premium roasted coffe at Brandmeesters and many more like have a walk on PC hoofdstraat the most beautiful shopingstreet in Amsterdam with all the exclusief brands next to each other, visit van Gogh and Rijksmuseum, take your pictuure at I Amsterdam sign and many many more... how about going to Haarlem and visiting the beach!
Find out about Amsterdam's world-class museums, quirky festivals, theatre, live music, laid-back bars and delightful restaurants.
Go Go | About Amsterdam
Amsterdam, the Dutch capital, is known for the artistic heritage, the extensive canal network and the narrow gable houses, a legacy from the Golden Age. In the Museum Quarter are the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum with works by Rembrandt and Vermeer, and the Stedelijk Museum with modern art. Cycling is inextricably linked to the character of the city and there are many cycle paths.
Population: 821,752 (2015) United Nations
Mayor: Femke Halsema
Places to visit
- De Waag - Medieval City Gate. When the city wall disappeared, the Nieuwmarkt (new market) was created around it and the weighing scales for the market were placed in the former gate. The name stems from that period (Waag is an old Dutch word for scale)
- Nieuwe Kerk Church, known for its high-profile exhibitions about art, photography, and inspiring individuals and cultures.
- The Royal Palace, situated on Dam Square in very the center of Amsterdam. It was originally built as the city hall for the magistrates of Amsterdam.
- De 9 Straatjes Neighborhood, also known as De Negen Straatjes or ‘The Nine Streets’, this special neighborhood is full to bursting with vintage and designer shopping, specialty stores and cozy cafés.
- Albert Cuyp Market, the largest and most popular outdoor market in the Netherlands, with 260 stands operating six days a week selling everything from Vietnamese spring rolls to freshly made stroopwafels.
- Waterlooplein Flea Market, Amsterdam’s largest daily flea market is located on the Waterlooplein in the center of the city.
- Van Gogh Museum, the home to the world’s largest collection of artworks by Vincent van Gogh.
- I Amsterdam Sign, the iconic sign featuring huge letters is a bustling place for photo opportunities.
- Rijksmuseum, one of the world’s most famous museums, housing more than 8,000 works of art inside one of the Netherlands’ grandest building.
For a date night try going to one of these romantic restaurants or cocktail bars:
For something more sophisticated go to:
- Van Gogh Museum
- Stedelijk Museum
- Anne Frank House
Lastly there are the many weed coffeeshops around, some of the most famous are:
Nightclubs & Pick Up Bars: The nightlife here is both famous and infamous, but we aren’t going to be diving into the red light districts. Instead we want to list some good nightclubs and singles bars to pick up Amsterdam girls:
Amsterdam | Food
Meet Arash, our recommendation-full, foodie driver. He had so many suggestions for places to eat that I could barely type fast enough to get them all! Keep reading for his insights.
How long have you lived in Amsterdam?
Where are your favorite places to get good food?
- FoodHallen is a great choice – they have many kitchens where you can walk around and taste foods from different cultures and parts of the world. You also may like Bazar.
- You must try the restaurant under a windmill – De Jonge Dikkert.
- There is also a brewery in a windmill – Brouwerij ‘t IJ. The brewery’s factory is powered by the windmill!
- If you want great coffee, visit BrandMeester’s.
Where are some fun places to visit in Amsterdam?
What one word would you use to describe Amsterdam?
Order your privet taxi | Amsterdam
- Schiphol AirPort to Amsterdam (any destination North - Suid - East - West - Center) €40
- Schiphol AirPort to Amsterdam > plus return transfer to Schiphol Airport €80
- Schiphol AirPort to Amsterdam > plus personal pickup from the meetingpoint €50
- Schiphol AirPort to Amsterdam > pers. pickup meetingpoint > plus return transfer to Airport €90
- Amsterdam to Schiphol AirPort €40
- Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Cruise port €40
- Amsterdam Cruise port to Schiphol Airport €40
All taxi drivers (street taxi or pre order) in the Netherlands are licenced as Taxi driver by the law and they have a blue licence plate number.
Please use our contact form or plan your trip here